Proper attic ventilation systems utilize Ridge and Soffit Vents to allow a continuous flow of outside air through the attic, thereby protecting the efficiency of the insulation and helping to lower temperatures in the living space. See our brochure.
- 9 out of 10 homes in North America do not have proper attic ventilation, which can impact the longevity of the entire home!
- In the summer, improper ventilation can cause attic heat to build in excess of 160°F that eventually penetrates the ceiling insulation into the living area below.
- In the winter, various household appliances, bathtubs, showers, and cooking vapors contribute to excess moisture build-up that will collect and cling to the underside of the roof, dripping onto and ruining insulation
Issues Caused by Poor Ventilation:
- Roofing manufactures specify in there warranties & instructions to professional roofers that attic venting is to be a ratio of 1/150 venting or their warranty is void. For the property owner this translates into your attic having a desired temperature difference of 10 degrees winter (summer 40 degree’s) between interior and exterior of your attic. During the summer your home interior will be more comfortable and your air conditioning bill lower.
- Attic insulation traps humidity and vapors, breeding mold that eventually rot the roof and cause illnesses.
- Homes in colder climates have a greater chance of ice dam issues, a severe threat to the health of a roof.
- Deck deflection can occur and cause a roof deck to become soft and malformed. Overtime, the roof can become flanked with dry rot or deteriorate altogether.